Tuesday, April 12, 2011

the proposal


January 29, 2011
        Michael Joe proposed!  He asked dad for permission on Wednesday...nearly forgot to because he was so caught up in talking about working out...
       We had a really great morning. I went to the gym with mom and dad and I stayed for the cycling class which was intense and amazing!  After that Michael and I went to Pet Smart, (to look at the chameleon he wants) Barnes and Noble, Wal-Mart, Target and then Fuddruckers. Ostrich is out of season...I feel bad every time we've gone they don't have it!
         Then we headed to his house to pick up "Simpsons" for Stanley.  He came back to the car and said we had to go wait in a parking lot at the high school to give this lady her blood pressure gauge deal.  He said we had to wait for a red car...of course I believed him and didn't think it was a big deal.
        We parked in the parking lot right next to the football field...he cleaned out the back of his car a little bit and then asked if I wanted to run a lap. "Uh no! I did cycling today!"  So instead we walked on the track and talked about the past.  He then showed me where he was sitting the first time he saw me as I did some cheer moves on the track.  In my mind I was thinking the whole time that this would be SO perfect if he proposed! Right as I was thinking this he came over and tackled me to the ground and the grass was wet so I quickly stood up as he stayed on one knee and simply said "will you marry me?"  I cannot imagine a better proposal.  It was perfect and beautiful and it felt so good to finally say "yes!" and be officially engaged!

No comments:

Post a Comment