Thursday, November 30, 2017

grateful

November 7, 2017 
I often feel like my journal is a place to vent and complain and I always try to resist the temptation. 
 I will do a gratitude list instead: enchiladas, bruce cake, sunshine ... Sia is stealing my pen ...

November 25, 2017 
Why am I always tempted to list my complaints? Ugh.  My life is so good when I list all that I am blessed with.  This month has been one of exhaustion...things both happy and hard!  
-30th birthday! so fun.  
-Sia had some major work done on her teeth the day after my birthday. Probably one of the worst and most tearful days of my life...honestly.  
-I am TRYING to quit breastfeeding as I think problems with her teeth are happening in part because of that.  HATE this...and totally NOT succeeding at it. This is probably the most emotionally and physically exhausting thing for me.
- Gwinna is going back to school on Monday:(  As wild as all 3 together can be I so do prefer everyone home! 
- golden llama hunt! SOOO much fun but also exhausting...pretty sure I messed up my back doing it. Hauling Sia and trying to search.
-I got a new calling as primary chorister in my ward which is SO exciting and I love it! It takes planning and I was stressed about leaving Sia in nursery but she is good without me so that is one less stress!
- My mother in law and sister in law both had birthdays this month so I wanted to plan awesome desserts for them.  I love doing this so....both stressful (because sia will empty every drawer, stack all of the cans and slam all of the cupboards as I am doing it) and fun for me.  I did a lemon sugar cookie cheesecake bar thing for mama and pumpkin pie for Tia Stephanie.  Total desserts for the month: 6 
(3 apple pies, 2 pumpkin, 1 lemon thing) haha.
-My sweet Grammy Florence hosted Thanksgiving and 5 out of 7 of us Dahlin kids were there...that was a good day:)
Realizing right now that I also have taken a major break from my workouts this month....this may have something to do with feeling stressed at the moment.  Need to get back to that.

Today I was able to take a bath, paint my toenails, plan my primary singing time and read a lot with my girls.  Life is good and I AM grateful for all of it even when I complain:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment