Wednesday, October 16, 2013

chalk the block

Our Chalk the Block date took place on one of the most beautiful days! We had to visit Blickenstaffs, of course.  I love this place, even though they generally have the same toys...its magical.  



We got pizza at our favorite pizza place in the universe Malawi's, (on the way in we saw 3 very colorfully dressed kids run right in front of us & turned to see my hero!! more on this later...) where we got our free chalk to chalk the BLOCK! Gwinna went right to work drawing (& taste testing). 









Our beauty of a block:)


The real artist's blocks....;)












Michael liked the name of this place.  Called to Surf.  Clever here in Utah. 


AND THEN! we spotted my hero again & by this time (my hands are sweating as I WRITE this even!) I'd texted my mom that I'd seen NIENIE and she encouraged me to just talk to her AND my husband had been giving me a pep talk all night in case we were to see her again so that I would be brave & just talk to her! 
Well it was quite perfect.  She was walking around with the missionaries that had come to my house a week before to deliver the Book of Mormon with her testimony in it.  It was THE perfect ice breaker.  I actually said hi to them first and who knows what I even said after that?!?! 
I told her about meeting Jennifer Garner on my mission but that I was much more honored & excited to be meeting her.  I told her she is amazing, I'm sure...and I think I even told her that I loved her as we walked away!!! ;) She was so sweet & humble & very down to earth...exactly how I knew she would be.  She asked what my due date was, told Michael he had very soft hands (hehe) and told us that we make beautiful babies :)
My face was red the entire time...awesome! Michael was very helpful in standing back as I approached her alone at first and then came & said hi.  

I took this picture of her friend holding Lottie right before I met her because I AM a creeper! ;) 


And then Michael took this one:) 
RED face.
I really do love her!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS POST! I love all the photos especially the LAST ONE! I hope to meet her one day too! And that Gwinna girl is getting SO BIG. Love her and you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I didn't realize what a cool event that was! We definitely want to go to that toy store when we visit!!! Love the pic of you and Stephanie. You both are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete