Saturday, June 3, 2017

May














Our main event of May was Tia Sophia's wedding!!! 
That was a crazy morning that turned into a great day.  
Life with 3 girlfriends is usually that way.  
Poor Gwinna woke up not feeling great.  That turned into a barfing incident in the car, but luckily I was prepared...caught that one! Sia barfed next, not so lucky BUT they were still in PJs!  
Thank goodness.  
We all arrived on time. Also, thank goodness!  Michael Joe took one for the team and watched our girls while I was able to see Soph and Brett get sealed for forever.  
I was giddy in the temple.  It felt like me and Lil were back in church on Sunday as girls, I was just laughing at everything she said and of course really trying to be as reverent as possible at the same time which results in a red face & more giddiness.  
Another note: so good to hug Alayna and Eli in the temple and pretend I was at their wedding too! (I missed it last year)
I got in, took my shoes off and asked dad the directions to find Soph, Lil and Mama.  It was so beautiful to be in the room while Sophia got ready and then we ran into Andrea on our way to the sealing room which was such a fun, happy surprise!! 
The sealing was just lovely.  Sophia could not stop her sweet giggle at the end and Brett was smiling the whole time, the whole day really!  
I came out to find an exhausted Michael Joe and hot/crying babies :( Poor Sia.  She just does not do well without me.  She fell asleep on me within minutes and stayed that way for all of the pictures.  Noelle and Gwinna posed for a few and then spent the rest of the time in the air conditioned car.  
I was able to come to the reception all alone.  
Nice long drive, listening to Adele:)
When I got out of the car I heard Rosemary claiming she felt over dressed. Not so woman.  
Beautifully decorated, I did not take enough pictures, as usual.   
Lots of cake, a candy bar, eucalyptus leaves, candles and sparklers on their way out. Oh and fireworks that made the babies cry they were so loud~! It was so fun to be able to chat with Harley and Eldon, watch Soph and dad dance and visit with other old friends.  Me and dad realized as Soph was leaving that all 7 of us were there and "oh we should take a picture now....uh...at Soph's wedding...now that she's gone..." 
hahahahaha! oops. I love my family. Good day.

A few other happenings in May:

microwaved smores in the house

finished the Book of Mormon stories with my girls!

watched Pirates in theater with Michael Joe 
(our first movie alone since before Sia was born!!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment