Saturday, June 3, 2017

April


our last morning in Grover..a bittersweet April Fools Day.





Our first day back in Hilmar. 

Exhausting, yet feeling good with new presents already from family!




Beautiful new home we are in living with my in-laws:)
 (our room...didn't take pics of girls yet)




Dates with the girls to Beauty and the Beast. So much fun!!!



This Easter we went to Great Grammy's for a very rainy lunch outside and an indoor egg hunt!



I cut 6 inches off that scary mess ^^^
 (last haircut April 2016)




Jumping on the trampoline with Grandma Debbie!!








On April 29th we threw a shower for the "breed." Me & Lil were in charge of decorations and games and our awesome Grammy Flo did the food:) Oh and of course we had to have this amazing ice cream that Kristen does for events...so perfect! We did a couple oreo guessing jars (bride's favorite cookie) and bingo during presents.  
A couple of highlights: 
Brett's mom telling Soph she doesn't have a high standard to beat as far as making dinner for Brett since she made lots of hot dogs:)




4/6/17
Feel the need for a gratitude post. We are back in Hilmar after a bit of a ride in Grover Beach, always feeling a bit unsettled there. It feels good, right, familiar and comfortable here. Not that we are not going way out of our comfort zones in other ways right now but this is where we feel that needs to happen. Strange. We have always kicked so hard against ending up back where we started. 
Grateful for my sweet little family. My girls. Their forgiveness. Our walks and talks. Our reading time together. Their sweet hands, faces, kisses, hugs for each other, dance moves, singing (yelling really) voices ... the list goes on. I just like them a lot, ya know ?;) 
My husband. His goodness. His desires to succeed, continue living every part of life to the max, his willingness to help. The way he adores his girls. All of him.  He is my favorite, my best friend. 
Myself. I guess that should be odd to write but no. I do love myself. I am grateful for my tendencies, my weaknesses even, my strong body and the desires I have to improve daily and teach my girls to be awesome, worthy daughters of God. 
Grateful for such AMAZING families. They let us come as we please, eat their food, 
whirl through their homes as a tornado, and lounge around being our greasy selves;) I think they even still like us at the end of the day!:) 
Grateful for my chiropractor parents. Oh my goodness I need an adjustment right now....
I am also grateful that our families do not judge. At least not to our faces;) I know that I have been rude, prideful, such a complainer and a holier than thou type individual way too often in the recent past. Somehow these lovely families I was blessed with have looked past it all and are still willing to be nice and helpful to me! I am blessed more than I can say with good, good peoples in my life!!


4/14/17
I realized before we moved back here that this home will be our 9th home we've lived in together since we got married 6 years ago😳 no wonder I love to purge so often!
Haha but truly it has been and continues to be the greatest adventure with my husband and sweet girlfriends. They adapt easily and we are so excited to be coming back, it just feels right for all of us. We have not mourned Grover Beach once (except for maybe the cinnamon rolls & chocolate croissants...oh and this really great pizza place we found a few weeks before we left!)

No comments:

Post a Comment