Monday, August 8, 2011

Not yet...

Father in Heaven has a plan for us.  He is in control.  The night that I learned that we would no longer be parents in December was one of the worst moments I have yet experienced in this mortal life.  It was also one of the sweetest.  Minutes after discovering this truth that would again change our lives forever, my incredible husband prayed with me to our Father in Heaven thanking Him for the knowledge we have of the Gospel, of His plan and purpose for us in this life. If that is not faith I do not know what is.  Michael is so much stronger than I am.  Of course I have faith, I know Heavenly Father loves us.  But I was slow to let it in...
 As Michael bore his amazing testimony to me a small, natural-man part of me wanted to be bitter and angry and to just sink into the depths of despair (as Anne of Green Gables would put it).  He would not let me though and for that I am eternally grateful.
I know that Heavenly Father lives.  He loves us.  He sent His Son and watched Him suffer so that we could return and live with Him someday.  I feel my Savior's love.  I feel the comfort of the Spirit.  I am grateful for an eternal perspective especially at this time. I am grateful for this trial. I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ makes all of the wrongs in this life right.

No comments:

Post a Comment