Sunday, August 28, 2011

Public Speaking

We are asked to do things by Heavenly Father that are hard for us for OUR benefit. I strongly believe this, in fact.  Today I was faced with such a task.  He asked me to speak about my experience with the miscarriage in church.  I am not a vocal person, I don't often express verbally how I'm feeling or what I'm going through.  I feel as though this was a shove to do it and to do it in front of my ward family at church.  On top of public speaking (which is way out of my comfort zone in the first place) He asked me to go even further outside of my comfort zone by sharing my life.  And guess what?
I am so happy that I did it. I am happy that I was able to get through it without just standing up there sobbing, unable to speak. I am grateful for the Spirit, who is testifying to my spirit that the words I spoke were right and good.  If no one in my ward family benefited from this, at least one daughter of our Heavenly Father did and that daughter was me.  

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your talk today, Hannah! I didn't see you after Sacrament, so I hope you don't mind that I looked up your blog online. I appreciated your thoughts on gratitude and your positive outlook on life. I look forward to reading more of your blog! If you want, you can look at mine too: www.mamasparkles.blogspot.com Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! What a feat. I'm glad it turned out to be spiritual and therapeutic for you. I wish you only the best, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you guys! Wish I had been there to hear you speak! Wishing you many blessings!

    ReplyDelete