Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Silva


I am FINALLY Hannah Ariel Silva! It has been on our "to do" list for a long while but I am now officially a Silva! I've practiced signing my name over and over and I love the "S." It can be beautiful.  Michael informed me that OUR last name means "bramble" in English. This is what I discovered:
Bramble
1. any prickly shrub belonging to the genus Rubus, of the rose family.
 2. British - the common blackberry
 3.  any  rough, prickly shrub, as the dog rose

AND THIS....

Dah"lin\ (d[aum]"l[i^]n), n. [From Dahlia.] (Chem.) A variety ofstarch extracted from the dahlia


SO...I have gone from being a starch to a prickly shrub. I love it.   
"...in the end we all fruit..." (what movie?) 

3 comments:

  1. my big fat greek wedding!
    and congrats on becoming a prickly shrub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. My Big Fat Greek Wedding! Just watched that the other day :) Too cute,Hannah.

    ReplyDelete