Saturday, November 10, 2012

missing my great grandma...


...and she was GREAT....still is;) 
I miss her enthusiasm for life. 
I miss the way she would eat whatever she wanted whenever & however she wanted.

She did not care what people thought about her. 
I miss hearing her talk about her sweet husband. This woman had a true love story.  Every time she mentioned him she would cry. (in sorrow and in love)  

She knew how to love.
She knew how to be bold when she needed to be. 
And she was...
Often...
She knew how to create!
She was open-minded enough to accept my most cherished book (The Book of Mormon) from my boyfriend (now husband) 
She is feisty, Portuguese, beautiful, wise, somewhat tempermental;), creative, hilarious,a very no-nonsense woman, and she even kissed my husband right on the mouth one day;) 
We miss you Grandma Lial! 

I am sad that our Gwinna will not get the opportunity to meet her in this life.
Grandma taught me that love can be head-over-heels, passionate, true and honest. I always wrote in my journal that I wanted to "be truly, passionately in love" when I married my husband someday.  And I absolutely am.  There was no way I could settle for less.  
She taught me to create until the end and to do it for the ones you love.  In her honor I have learned to crochet this year and tried to create blankets for our Gwinna and little coasters for my Michael Joe. 
She taught me that it is OK to be bold when it needs to be heard. Bold and loving even when it may hurt, and hopefully help.
I hope I can become a smidgen of the woman she is. 
We shall eat caramels and chocolate on the other side together soon Grandma!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment