Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I've been pondering all of the blogs I read lately. 
There are women out there who wear red lipstick and pull it off beautifully. 
There are crafty ladies, 
bakers, 
amazing cooks,
 excellent photographers, 
great artists 
and those who are passionate about fashion.  
So I've been asking myself...what am I passionate about? 
My mom asked me one day: "what do you think about when you don't have to think about anything?" 
I have to be honest here....
MOVIES!
Goodness...I have come to realize, upon going home to visit my lovely family, that much of our conversations are made up of movie quoting and I LOVE it.  They are old friends for us.  When we are able to visit them together it makes life that much more enjoyable.  Do I sound silly? I feel a little bit so.  But our movies brought us together in our youth and they have become the glue that help us through the realities of today!  
Here are some of my absolute favorites:
We watch this one every Christmas and send the boys away.  My sisters and I discuss every time who is who.  I was Jo. Lilia Beth. Sophia Amy...when we were younger...simply because that was the order. Analyzing it this year I've realized we all possess certain Jo qualities;)
Stranger than Fiction.
I love the pace of this one. I love the simplicity of it, the narration, EVERY character, the music, the beauty captured in creating a story as its happening. It is just fantastic on so many levels. 
Anne of Green Gables.
She is such an inspiration. I believe we could be bosom friends. She is brave, dramatic, loves to "soak it all in", and puts things into action instead of constantly talking about what she is going to do. 
It is so refreshingly RAW AND REAL!  Enough said? I don't know...I love Juliette Binoche's character.  The whole family is just perfect. Awkward moments and uncomfortable spots are so believeable!
"YOU ARE THE MURDERER OF LOVE!" 
Love quoting this one...with my husband actually...:) ;) 
Ahhh. Tim Burton.  I just love his style.  This one was surprisingly a more energetic, light, happy one as opposed to his usual hue of darkness.  I would LOVE for my funeral to be a bright, bubbling party as he imagines his will be...


No comments:

Post a Comment