Saturday, February 6, 2016

Sia Nie



Sia - 
Pronounced "see-uh"

A few different meanings of the name include: "victory", "helper" and "one who brings joy"

Yes we are inspired by Sia the singer. But no, our Sia is not named after her.  I loved the name as soon as I heard it.  She sings "elastic heart" and "chandelier" and Gwinna loves dancing to all of it.  Michael was showing me her videos one day in September and I loved the modern dancing and combination of her voice and the stories she tells.  I did not even know her name yet but when he said it I immediately wanted to use it.  Another thing about Sia is that she is not about the fame, she actually hides her face and has stayed completely behind things in performances so that it is not about her.  
Again, we love and appreciate her music but our baby girl is not named after her;)


Nie - 
Now this name we did decide on because we love nienie!  It is a nick name for her blog nieniedialogues because her first name is Stephanie and her last name is Nielson.  I love this woman.  She is such a grateful, beautiful, strong, amazing human being!  I will  be more than happy when Sia follows in her footsteps of being awesome.



2 comments: